Officers Meeting Minutes - March 12, 2019


Knight of Columbus Council 13139

Officers Meeting

Special Notice: The Officers meeting Start Time has been moved back too 7PM.

March 12, 2019

Note: Minutes of our meetings are supplied to all members of the council for review and comment. The minutes will not be read at the next meeting unless requested by a member. Pls direct all corrections and additions to Jim Hildebrand jrpah@comcast.net

  • Roll Call All Officers were present except for the Deputy Grand Knight, Outside Guard, and 2nd Year Trustee who were absent, and the Advocate, Warden and 3rd Year Trustee who were excused.

  • Chaplain Report:

  • The meeting was opened and closed with a prayer.

  • Grand Knight Report:

  • Those in attendance agreed that the Office Meeting Start Time should be moved back too 7PM. The Parish Hall doesn’t open for meetings in the evening until 7 PM.

  • Father Don’s ordination party is May 18th. We haven’t been ask to participate to this point. Indications are that that the Parish Office stuff, and not the Stewardship Director is organizing the event.

  • The GK plans to schedule an April meeting with Father Don to discuss next years activities and to see how we can better serve the parish.

  • Treasurers Report:

  • $ 15,397

  • Financial Secretary Report:

  • Financials

  • revenues - $3021

  • expenses - $1726

  • Trustees -

  • Director Reports:

(* committees are “Faith in Action” activities)

  • Community*-

  • Friday Night Dance Party - We will tend bar at the Friday Night Dance Party on 3/15. Money raised is donated to ELS for Autism.

  • Faith*:

  • Council

  • State Convention-

  • The council plans to apply for 4 Faith in Action awards to be given out at the state convention. 1) Family based on our “Family Week” activity, 2) Faith based on our “Lady of Guadeloupe” activity, 3) Respect Life based on our “Novena for Life” and Rosary for Life activity, and 4) Community based on our “Food for Families” work. In a separate category, Deacon Dave has suggested an Altar Server for the ‘’Altar Server of the Year” award.

  • Buffet Breakfast - Our summer schedule may be impacted by work planned for the parish. Latest word, however, is that the parish work may slip until next summer.

  • “Family of the Month” - Art and Cindy Palmari

  • “Knight of the Month” - Jim Cambier

  • Life*:

  • Family*

  • Youth:

  • Good of the Order-

  • Membership/Retention - Lou Manz

  • Exemplifications.

  • Standing Committees

  • Fund Raising -

  • Family BBQ -

  • Tootsie Roll Drive - Brother Manz is chairing this activity as his schedule allows. Dates being considered at 4/27-28, 5/6-7 (for the church collection) and 5/11-12. Brother Hildebrand will supply Brother Manz the Walmart and Publix letters used last year to request permission to conduct the drive.

  • Roger Dean Stadium - We are working a night game Friday night 3/15. Ten to 12 trained volunteers are needed.

  • Coastal Fest - April 6th on the “Plaza Down Under”.

  • 4th Degree Report -

  • District Deputy Report -

  • Next two “Honor Flights” are on 4/13 and 5/11.

  • A new membership drive from Supreme is being previewed in our area. Brother Manz will investigate to see how we can use the approach.

  • Old Business -

  • New Business -

  • It was suggested that since the current DGK is leaving the area, and has not been attending meetings (he has missed more than 3 consecutive meetings), we should replace the DGK for the remainder of the fraternal year. All agreed.

  • We have been asked by the Miami Dolphins promotional office if we plan to reserve a bus to attend a Dolphins game this year. We discussed doing this instead of a Council Picnic. Brother Davisson will check further into pricing and game available.

  • Miracle House is looking for a parish organization to support their “Baby Bottle” drive. Fr. Don suggested us as a candidate. It looks like we don’t have time this year, however, it was suggested that we make a monetary donation. It was also suggested that we invite “Miracle House” and “Hannah’s House” to a meeting to explain their work and how we can help support them.

MOTIONS:

  • Brother Hildebrand moved and Brother Davisson seconded a motion to appoint Brothers Michael McReynolds and Karl Sodan as delegates, and Brothers GK John Placko and Bill Sodan as alternate delegates to this years state convention. Passed.

Jim Hildebrand

Recorder